Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Mini's Hope for Presley


Hey there.  I'm Mini.  I am six years old, and I'm a boy.  I tell everyone that I'm a boy because a lot of people think I'm a girl.  But that's ok, boys don't usually have hair like mine, so I don't mind.  I have long curly hair that I have been growing my whole life.  Everyone always tells me that they like my hair.  Sometimes people say I should cut it, but I never wanted to, and Momma said that I don't have to if I don't want to.  Momma and I spend a lot of time together taking care of my hair.  She helps me wash and brush it.  I'm really good about letting her brush, because I know that my hair looks more beautiful when it's clean and brushed.  And I really like spending time with Momma when she brushes my hair.  We get to talk and laugh, and Momma gets to focus just on me.  I really like having time alone with Momma.

I love to wear my hair down.  At school, Momma makes me pull it back.  But when I'm playing, I like it to fly free!
Momma has been reading about a girl named Presley on her computer.  I don't know Presley, she is my cousin's cousin.  Momma knows Presley's Momma.  Sometimes when Momma is reading about Presley, I like to cuddle with her and read with her.  She has curly hair just like me.  We both like to ride bikes.

I feel sad for Presley.  She got sick, and it is going to be a long time before she gets better.  She has to go to the hospital a lot and get a lot of treatments.  The medicines that Presley has to take have made her body change a lot, and it made her lose all her hair.  I asked Momma if Presley's hair would grow back, and she said that someday it would, but until then Presley could wear a wig.

I wanted to help Presley.  My hair is like hers.  I wanted to give Presley some of my hair for her to wear until she gets better and can grow hair again.  I asked Momma if we could give my hair to Presley.  That made Momma really happy.  She emailed Presley's Momma, and we found out that we could send my hair to a place that would make a wig for Presley.

So yesterday, we went to cut my hair for the first time.

First, Momma wanted to cut a little piece of my hair for her to keep.  She said that she always loved my curls, and wanted a piece for a special box she keeps of my things.

I always photo bomb pictures, even when they're pictures of me!



Here's my little curl for Momma's box.  She tried not to cry when she cut my hair, but I saw her anyway.  I told her that it was ok.  I didn't feel her cut my hair at all.

I wore orange for Presley to cut my hair.

I was a little scared to go into the salon when we got there.  I told Momma about it, and she held my hand and told me that it was my decision to do what I wanted.  But I think she didn't know what I meant.  I was scared that the lady cutting my hair would cut me with her scissors.  Momma told me that she gets her hair cut a lot, and never got cut by the scissors, and Geegy and my big brother Small get their hair cut all the time, and they never got cut either, so then I wasn't scared any more.

When the lady combed my hair, the curls got straight and it was even longer!

After the lady combed my hair, she put it into a ponytail.


 Then SNIP, SNIP, SNIP! 


 And just like that, I had a ponytail for Presley!


My ponytail measured 15 inches long!  I like the way my hair feels now.  It doesn't get in my eyes any more!  And I like how I look when I see myself in the mirror.  Momma thinks I look older.  What do  you think?


I love you, Presley!




Note from Minion Momma:
If you are a fan of my Facebook page, you have seen me post both about Presley and my nephew Reiss.  Presley, 3 years old, and Reiss, 2 1/2 years old, were both diagnosed with leukemia just one month apart from each other.   Please take a moment to browse their blogs.  These two babies are so amazing and strong, they inspire me so much!  You can also follow Presley on her Facebook page.

Words can't express how proud I am of my little Mini.  His kind and thoughtful act for a little girl he has never met is just astounding to me.  He teaches me every day how much love a person can give just through simple acts, and he reminds me that the greatest gift is giving of yourself.  He is such a bright and beautiful blessing in my life.  I am immensely proud to be his Momma!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow Kendra! What an amazing, and special little boy you have! Love you guys so much!

Erin said...

ps. He looks darling with his new cut! I'm so proud of him. :)

Unknown said...

So much good in this world. Children have the best hearts. I can't hold back the tears. I don't even have the right words to express our love. Love you. Presley and Alysa

Unknown said...

Oh my heck, he looks SO handsome! What a sweet boy, inside and out!

Post a Comment