Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Oh, the Barnyard is Busy in a Regular Tizzy

And the obvious reason is because of the season!  Spring, spring, SPRING! 

I can't help it.  Every year it happens.  It gets warm, then my bushes by my front window start to bloom (I don't know what they are, but they smell DIVINE), then one morning I wake up and realize, I won't have to wear a hoodie to take the Minions to school today! I feel like kicking off my flip-flops to go prancing about, skipping through a meadow full of wildflowers, Maria-style. That's right, it's about to get all musical up in here.

The hills are alive, yo!

Now realistically, running around barefoot in the desert is an open invitation for a wild assortment of spiky fauna and possibly a live scorpion two to insert their stingy-pokey parts into my delicate foot-pads, so I won't be actually doing that anytime soon.  But that doesn't stop me from turning my every-day ho-hum life into a mental musical.  Cleaning up the house is so much more fun when you throw in a few pirouettes with the broom.  And singing everything you want to say?  While Geegy says things like, "Why?"  I say "Why NOT?!?"  Who doesn't want more music in their life?  While nobody in their right mind would ever accuse me of being graceful or able to carry a tune,my little household chore performances sure seem to keep Micro entertained.

Even this is more graceful than me.

I gotta say, as much as I adore snow, and completely dislike any kind of heat, the spring-sun really energizes this little California gal.  And now that we've eradicated all the cruds, I say it's time to get out the glitter lotion, throw on a sundress, run outside and get our Spring on!


Lets get outside!  Let's do something fun!  Let's get ENERGIZED!!

Confession time:
I watched this video about dance walking, and I was SOLD.  (You can also watch part 2 here, and part 3 here.)  I don't need any more convincing.  You take something I HATE to do (making a public spectacle of myself walking around outside) and add something that I LOVE to do (dancing) and what do you get?

 
I wish this would happen to me every day.

Some crazy fun exercise.

So this is the part of parenting I always dreaded.  The part where I do something so far out there and insane, that The Minions would forever label me as "uncool," and thereby they will be embarrassed of me for the rest of their adolescence.  I always thought it would come in the form of discipline, like when I had to sit with Small for a week at school to make sure he was actually eating his lunch and not throwing it around the cafeteria.  (He ended up liking that, and still wants me to come have lunch with him at school.  Sometimes I think he creates his shenanigans so I will come hang out at school with him.) I think every parent does it eventually, and any parent with real parenting creds gets to claim they've done it already, like having a tear-drop prison tattoo.  You got to have some mad parenting skilz to get it over with early.  So far, The Minions think my shenanigans are so glacier! (That's what I call "ultra-cool."  I swear it's going to catch on.)  They are still at an age where anything I do that's extremely fun=cool momma, no matter how silly it seems.  They might get a little bit of social-cool pressure from school (like Small is becoming somewhat worried that he doesn't know any Justin Bieber songs), but ultimately, because I am fun, I am also, by proxy, cool.  And by cool, I mean glacier!

Glacier, all the way, baby!
Now that it's definitely Spring, and I've done the heck out of The Babywearing Workout, I am in desperate need of some "get me the freak out of this stale-aired house before I eat all the ice cream" time. I have decided to dust off the ol' sneakers, dig out the ol' iPod, and try some dance walking.  The Minions will either relabel me, forever shunning me into the "embarrassed of my parents" status, or they will see how much fun it is, and join in.  Either way, I've pulled off this particular parental Band-Aid, and I'll get to have some fun, right?

And now, here's some Gene Kelly.  Glacier.

He would totally dance-walk with me.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Jacki Rich said...

Waaaaait a minute!! Do you have a tear drop shaped prism tattoo??
And
Will you please have the minions record your dance walks!!! please please!!

Post a Comment